Monday, December 19, 2011

Our God is an AWESOME God! [[Friday, November 25]]

"'Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of Hosts; the whole earth is filled with his glory!' And the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of Him who called and the house was filled with smoke." -Is. 6:3-4

I cried; my heart was breaking to see these precious children go. I don't know what God's will is for me next year, but I will follow where ever He leads me. We loaded up the kids and said our goodbyes. They're in God's hands...and He will always take care of them.

Our adventure for today: climbing to an altitude of 8, 350 feet on Volcan Pacaya. :) ohh yeah, that was something I got to cross off my bucket list. Seriously, it was thee hardest climb in my life. After fifteen minutes I felt like I was going to die. It was completely straight up the entire way to the top. Once we got closer to the top, we were hiking in volcanic sand, and it was so slippery that I had to crawl a couple times. All I kept thinking was that I wanted to get to the top, and I did! After an intense 3 hour hike, I made it, looked inside the crater as steam was rising from it. Across from me was Volcan Agua, and I could see so far beyond that the mountainous terrain of Guatemala. I was at a loss for words, worshipping my awesome God.

Our God is an awesome God
 He reigns from heaven above with wisdom, power, and love
Our God is an awesome God


peaks beyond peaks, and green fields of different shades reminded me of a patchwork quilt. The sun warmed my skin and I lifted my hands and sang, "I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned in awe of the One who gave it all. I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered. All I am is Yours!"

All I am is Yours...

Whether it is at home in Minnesota
Whether it is at Northwestern College in my studies
Whether it is on the mission field
Whether it is in an Elementary school
Whether it is in my church
Whether I return to Guatemala
Whether it is going somewhere that I don't know where the Lord is taking me

All I am is Yours...

<3 Kaycia
 Praise be to God for everything He has done in my life
God is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment