Monday, December 19, 2011

Be Still & Know That I AM... [[Wednesday, November 23]]

"Behold the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be His people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall their be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away...BEHOLD, [THE LAMB OF GOD] IS MAKING ALL THINGS NEW."
                                                                                                  -Revelation 21:3-5

Donde fluye adoración/ Y las calles de oro son/Levantamos alabanza a ti Señor/No hay llanto/No hay más dolor/No hay muerte/Conmigo estás/Conmigo estás/No hay noche/No hay aflicción/No hay culpa/
 Conmigo estás/Conmigo estás...

Por la eternidad, Mi alma ofrecerá Toda gloria a ti Señor

Where the streets are made of gold/In Your presence healed and whole/Let the songs of heaven rise to you alone/No weeping, no hurt or pain/No suffering/ You hold me now/You hold me now/No darkness no sick or lame/No hiding/You hold me now/You hold me now

For eternity, my heart will give all the glory to Your name, Jesus

This is one of my favorite songs by Hillsong, because it reminds me what I am living for. Each one of us was put on earth for a purpose=>to glorify God with our bodies and to extend His kingdom, yet knowing that earth is not our home. This song reminds me that one day, every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord (Phil. 2:10-11), and on that day Jesus will make eveything new. There won't be any pain or suffering, but only the sounds of the children of God rejoicing in their Savior. In Christ there is FREEDOM. Se Libre...

Today I woke up at 5am, just as the sun was beginning to rise over the many volcanoes. The air was crisp and the blue sky gave me hope that today was going to be beautiful. I helped get the girls dressed into their swimsuits for a day away at la playa (the beach!). It was hard work getting those girls dressed, lifting their twisted bodies, and gently putting their swimsuits on. After an early breakfast we loaded the kids up in a bus. I sat by Lusbin and his sister.
School buses are not good for kids who have no muscle control to hold themselves up. I ended up holding Lusbin up because I was afraid that he would hit his head on something. He ended up falling asleep in my arms. Honestly, I started to think that I would love to have an adopted child someday from here, but I don't know what God's plan is for my life.

We arrived to the beach where it was at least 90-100 degrees. Yeah, sunscreen was a must...especially when I stood next to the Guatemalans and I looked sickly white. First we went swimming in a pool at a place that was along the beach. I carried Sonia and Lusbin for awhile. And after lunch we went to the ocean. The beautiful black volcanic sand stretched for miles and the waves of the ocean swept over it. It was so refreshing to hear the sound of the waves. I ran into the waves, letting the salty water wash over me, and all I could think of was that this is the way God's grace is...it washes over us like the waves of the ocean, refreshing us and cleansing us. "Hallelujah, Your grace like rain, washes over me." And in those moments I praise God for being a God of great order, majesty, protection, and everything that I cannot be.

I took Cece and held her in my lap so that when the waves came in from sea, they would wash over her legs. Everytime a wave came in she would giggle. She has the greatest giggle and I couldn't help but laugh along with her. She also enjoyed burrying me in the sand. As I sat there for an hour, letting the warm sun fall on us, and the cool ocean waves wash over us, and hearing Cece giggle, I couldn't help but think of Cece in heaven...completely healed. I know that God has a purpose for her on earth and I know He has plans for her even in her condition...God uses us in our weakness, and it's in our weaknesses when we are strongest. God's going to use her in ways to bring glory to his name, and I think it is children like her that show me more of the heart of Jesus...life isn't about looks or anything that this world can offer=>our lives are meant to be all about Jesus!

The best part of this is that here there are palm trees and the weather is warm. Back in Iowa it's freezing cold and snowing. I'm so glad I am not there!

The bus ride back felt long. I was ready to crash. We had an interesting dish for supper. It was corn and beef boiled inside of some type of leaf. It was actually pretty good. After dinner we got the girls ready for bed and then had a team meeting. It wasn't long because we all were so tired.

"I love you, O Lord, my strength." -Psalm 18:1

God is good, so very good

<3 Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment