Monday, December 19, 2011

God is good [[Thursday, November 24]]

"And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of the LORD, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light. He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins." -Colossians 1:9-13

Se Libre...
Today was bittersweet, knowing that it was the last full day that I had with the children. It was pretty much routine: breakfast, chapel, crafts, chapel, and then for the last day there would be a talent show and then an award ceremony.

In chapel, the speaker had some of the leaders acting out "se murio chicho" (Chicho died) while crying and then laughing. Kim and I were relieved that he had picked a couple of the other girls to do it, but as soon as they were done we had to act this out too. It was quite funny.

There was a talent show at the end of the day. God has gifted these kids in some pretty amazing ways. Some danced in their wheelchairs and others sang. One boy imparticular, got up and sang Open the Eyes of my Heart in Spanish. That was a blessing to hear. In one of my classes, I heard a man that was blind say that God has granted him the ability to understand what living by faith and not sight truly means. There's more to life than what the eyes see, and that's Jesus.

At the reward ceremony that night, a slide show of the week played and along with those pictures the song I Can Only Imagine played. "I can only imagine what it will be like when I walk by Your side...will I dance for You, Jesus? Or to my knees will I fall? Will I sing hallelujah? Will I be able to speak at all? <= This week was one of the most rewarding experiences I've ever experience. Those children showed me what it really means to DEPEND on Jesus and to live for a greater day, the day when I will see Jesus.

After the ceremony I helped get the girls ready for bed. Some of the girls began to cry, knowing that they had to go back to the orphanage the next day. This is what it means to love the orphaned. Seeing their tears was breaking my heart and all I could do was hold them. To love like Jesus means to care for children like these.

After tucking the girls in, I was walking outside and met up with a few of my new Guatemalan friends. I was able to practice my Spanish because the one knew English and Spanish, so he helped me when I did not know the word. I was surprised at how much Spanish came back to me after all the years of studying. I even got to practice my commands which I currently am studying at NWC :) I told my friends that I was going to bed and began to pack up. I think my heart strings are attached to this place and these beautiful people who teach me that the love of Christ has no limits.


gracias, Señor por todo

"Confía en Jehová con todo tu corazón y no te apoyes en tu propia prudencia." -Prov. 3:5

<3 Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment