Monday, February 13, 2012

Our broken world; Our Perfect Healer

"He HEALS the brokenhearted and BINDS up their wounds. He determines the number of the stars; he gives to all of them their names. GREAT IS OUR LORD, and abundant in power; his understanding is beyond measure." -Psalm 147:3-5

It's in hard times that God always reveals himself in ways that we do not understand. Yet He shows that He always keeps His promises no matter what season we are in. These past few weeks have been the hardest weeks for my friends and I. God chose to take my friend's grandpa home and just this past saturday God chose to take my friend's sister home through a skiing accident. It's in times like these where you can do nothing but grieve. And I found myself asking God to show me His goodness even in the valley. I don't know what will come of this. I don't know how God will use this tragedy, but I do know that GOD IS FAITHFUL, and He is still sovereign. He is always good. I know that my friend's sister is with Jesus and that is better than anything this world could offer. God is showing me that life is fragile and in any moment it can be taken from you. I'm becoming more aware that this world has nothing to offer. That new phone, those new clothes, the latest movies....those don't matter. It's how we live life each day, how we glorify God in each minute, and how we love each other like each day was our last. Life is short... do you know Jesus? Do you have the hope of being with Him when you die? You never know which day will be your last day.

Beloved,
True Joy and True life is found in Jesus. This world is not home. We were created to find satisfaction in Jesus; nothing else can fill that void, ONLY Jesus can do that.

When you meet Jesus' unfailing grace and unending mercy--> that's when real living begins

No comments:

Post a Comment